Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lt. Lonsdale.

Now for the space I don't like in the city. Little Lonsdale between Russell and Swanston Streets. I realised a while ago I always avoid this section of Lt Lonsdale, mainly because I don't actually have to be in this space, but also because it looks so uninviting from either end. I was caught once, running out of the exit from the QV onto this street, when it was raining, and the space had never been so horrid. It is such a dark space, and I don't like that half the library is hidden. What could be such a nice lane with the historic building on the side is now one that is a reminder of unpersonalised, conformity and grey skies.

Welcome to bleak central.
no entry indeed!
Even the textures just seem so uninviting. Rough and raised. If I brushed against it, I'd surely hurt myself.

The authorities on parking. The city revolves around parking to me, where you can and where you can't the infinite search to leave your vehicle.
Look. It's long, and straight and the narrowness is exaggerated by the raised walls on both sides. This breeds the cold, I swear.
so many bars on the windows! The once lovely library almost becomes a fortress.
The new age.

I suppose this is meant to be stylish architecture, but it just reminds me of a spa, or a sauna. I'd even prefer that it was a sauna.

Not so inviting from this side..





The sun gets blocked out the rise of the buildings either side. Makes for a pretty dull ride.
Hmm. A bag over a parking meter?

No comments:

Post a Comment