Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gore St.

I really love Gore Street in Fitzroy. I make a purpose of riding on this street every day I go to and from work. It is not the fastest route, in fact it's a detour, as I leave from Smith street in Collingwood and turn into Webb Street just across from Smith Street Cycles, then turning right at Union pub onto Gore street I slow down and enjoy the street. I have always been drawn to houses, especially ones that display the personality of the people within, or even the house has it's own details that creates it own persona. Gore street is filled with unique Melbourne terrace houses that scream their detail at me so I can enjoy the path I take home.


Good for riding on!

This house bellow is incredibly fascinating to me, it's huge! And in Fitzroy??!! I love that its big majestic shell sits on the corner, so different from the other terraces around it, but not making any more noise than any of the others.. It looks like it belongs in Queensland!

And this house bellow is the most beautiful aqua. Or.. some other shade of blue I cannot describe. I have never seen a house this colour. On the corner of their front porch they have a pile of fire wood, and it is the most vibrant burnt rust colour, siena even, that looks so beautiful againts the house. Such colour!

This is the pub. Of course!



aswell as the gorgeous houses, there are factories, a sure sign you're in the fitzroy area. I believe this factory is now a karate studio.. I snuck into the front of the door you can see on the left bellow.. a little strange inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment